Firemen's Carnival in town July 2-7
The Margaretville Firemen’s Field Days will signal the “official arrival of summer” at the village park from July 2-7.
The carnival offers six days packed with rides, games, music, food and, of course, two great nights of fireworks.
Here’s the lineup for fun:
• Tuesday, July 2: The carnival opens at 6 p.m.
• Wednesday, July 3: Pay One Price ($15) Wristband Day for unlimited rides from 6-10 p.m.
• Thursday, July 4: Pay One Price ($15) Wristband Day for unlimited rides from 1-5 p.m., chicken BBQ from noon until sold out, music by Country Express from 8 p.m.-midnight and a giant fireworks display starting at 9:45 p.m.
• Friday, July 5: Carnival rides and a car show open at 6 p.m.
• Saturday, July 6: Pay One Price ($15) Wristband Day for unlimited rides from 1-5 p.m., a fire truck and apparatus from noon- 4 p.m., a band (TBA) will play from 8 p.m.-midnight, a huge fireworks display gets underway at 10:30 p.m. and a benefit raffle drawing for the George Hendricks Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund follows the fireworks.
• Sunday, July 7: Pay One Price ($15) Wristband Day for unlimited rides from 1-6 p.m. when the carnival closes.
The Midway is presented by Gillette Shows and features an assortment of time-honored carnival foods and thrilling rides.