Fireman Field Days to be held July 3-8
By Brian Sweeney
The Margaretville Fire Department will celebrate its 125 anniversary with a series commemorative events, including a parade along Margaretville’s Main Street on Saturday, July 7 starting at 11 a.m.
The parade will feature more than 30 fire deparments, numerous floats and many other participants. A truck and apparatus display will be held from noon-4 p.m. after Saturday’s parade.
A Classic Car Club Show on Friday, July 6 at 6 p.m. in the village park will also be part of the anniversary celebration. All classic car owners are welcome to show up with their vehicles and join in the fun.
The 125th anniversary celebration will be part of the festivities throughout the Margaretville Firemen’s Field Days, which run from July 3-8 at the village park.
• The carnival will open at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and will open at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
• Giant fireworks displays on Wednesday, July 4 at 9:45 p.m. and Saturday, July 7 at 10:30 p.m.
• Pay One Price ride specials will be offered on Wednesday and Saturday from 1-5 p.m., Thursday from 6-10 p.m. and Sunday from 1-6 p.m.
• The MFD will hold chicken barbecues on Wednesday, beginning at noon until sold out. Another chicken barbecue will be held on Saturday with sittings at noon and 5 p.m.
• Musical entertainment on Wednesday will feature two popular local bands - Country Express from 7-11 p.m. and Detour on Saturday from 8 p.m.-midnight.
• Midway shows by Gillette will be featured daily, along with an assortment of games and irresistible carnival culinary delights.