The Catskill Mountain News has some great columnists. You can read their columns here online.
- A Catskill Catalog by Bill Birns presents a weekly essay on history, geography, day-trips, arts and culture in the Catskill Mountain region.
- At Your Service by Maggie Inge is a weekly column that examines a number of business issues directly related to the Central Catskills’ service economy.
- Gardening Tips by Bob Beyfuss is a column about all things flora.
- Here’s the Scoop Brian Sweeney has been the author of “Here’s the Scoop” for more than 20 years. The column usually deals with the lighter side of life and the writer has been known to mix a bit of fiction in with the facts. Brian has received six awards for his column in the annual New York Press Association’s Better Newspaper Contest.
- Hook, Line and Sinker is a (seasonal) weekly column by Judy Van Put that provides information on local fishing conditions and activities, primarily focusing on the trout fisheries of Pepacton Reservoir and nearby streams and rivers.
- Life on Regal-Hill by Gail Hillriegel is a weekly column about the many aspects of life on a farm, including care of animals, working the land, and gardening. Recipes are shared for readers’ cooking enjoyment.
- Time Out is a semi-weekly column written by John Bernhardt that addresses topics and themes associated with the world of sports.