The Catskill Mountain News has some great columnists. You can read their columns here online.
- Editorials is where we archive any commentaries by Editor & Publisher Dick Sanford.
- Gardening Tips by Bob Beyfuss is a column about all things flora.
- Here’s the Scoop Brian Sweeney has been the author of “Here’s the Scoop” for more than 20 years. The column usually deals with the lighter side of life and the writer has been known to mix a bit of fiction in with the facts. Brian has received six awards for his column in the annual New York Press Association’s Better Newspaper Contest.
- Hook, Line and Sinker is a (seasonal) weekly column by Judy Van Put that provides information on local fishing conditions and activities, primarily focusing on the trout fisheries of Pepacton Reservoir and nearby streams and rivers.
- In her weekly In This Place: Stories of Us from the Archives, Trish Adams combs the Catskill Mountain News' on-line archives (1902-1973) to provide a historical glance back at topical themes and events.
- Puzzles is the home of our very own collection of News puzzles, concocted freshly each week just for our readers. Solutions are posted there as well. Printable PDF versions of puzzles are provided (in case you messed up the one in the paper and want another try!
- Time Out is a semi-weekly column written by John Bernhardt that addresses topics and themes associated with the world of sports.
- That's Entertainment is our weekly calendar featuring events throughout the area.
You can also enjoy these past columns, which are archived here:
- A Catskill Catalog by Bill Birns presents a weekly essay on history, geography, day-trips, arts and culture in the Catskill Mountain region.
- At Your Service by Maggie Inge is a weekly column that examines a number of business issues directly related to the Central Catskills’ service economy.
- Life on Regal-Hill by Gail Hillriegel is a weekly column about the many aspects of life on a farm, including care of animals, working the land, and gardening. Recipes are shared for readers’ cooking enjoyment.