Area Police News: August 12, 2009

Julie E. O’Hara, 35, of Morris, was arrested Aug. 1 and charged with a DWI after police say they detected the odor of alcohol upon interviewing her. Upon transport to the Stamford police station, police say her blood alcohol content was found to be .13 percent. O’Hara was issued uniform traffic tickets returnable to the Town of Stamford Court on August 19.

Police arrested Hobart resident Rebecca L. Coberly, 23, on August 3 after she was found to be operating a vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. Coberly was arraigned in the Town of Kortright, where she was ordered to reappear on Aug. 19.

John T. Dropp, 25, of Roscoe, was arrested August 1 and charged with a DWI after police received a report that he was driving while consuming alcohol. Upon stopping Dropp’s vehicle, police say he had red glassy eyes, slurred speech, an odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath, and an open beer and wine cork on the center console. Pursuant to field sobriety tests, he was arrested and transported to the Stamford police station, where an alcotest allegedly showed his blood alcohol content to be .15 percent. He was issued uniform traffic tickets returnable to the Village of Stamford Court on August 19.

Police responded to the home of Harpersfield resident Gerald D. Moore, 44, on Aug. 2 after receiving a complaint that a dog had been left on the property without any food. Upon arriving at the house, police say they observed the mixed black lab chained to a doghouse next to the trailer, and that the dog appeared to be malnourished with bones protruding through its fur. Moore also had two other dogs on his property; none of the animals were licensed.
Moore was issued an appearance ticket for failure to provide food and water / abandonment, a violation of the agriculture and market law, returnable on August 31. Police contacted the Town of Harpersfield dog control officer, who said that he would return to the house to provide food and possibly remove the dog.

A civil arrest warrant for Halcottsville resident Robert J. Giordano, 21, was executed August 4. Giordano was transported to court, where he was released and scheduled to reappear on August 19.