To The Editor:
On April 15, 1859, 53,646 acres were taken from the towns of Shandaken and Denning to form the Town of Hardenbergh in Ulster County. This 82nd Session Laws of New York State also included the order to conduct the first town meeting by May 31. This was done on that date. Our current spelling of Hardenburgh was made official by the adoption of Resolution #23 on June 6, 1984.