To The Editor:
To all our friends, neighbors, and local residents. Be sure you have carbon monoxide alarms in your house if you have fuel-burning devices.
We have two alarms that suddenly started to beep. I called the Roxbury Volunteer Fire Department and they responded immediately.
They detected high levels of carbon monoxide, which were caused by a non-functioning motor in the flue pipe exhaust leading from our furnace. Without the alarms we would never have known that the invisible, odorless, and deadly gas was present in our house. We probably would not have survived.